Yves Van Couter
Yves Van Couter is a partner at Loyens & Loeff in Brussels. He is the chairman of the Brussels Litigation & Risk Management Practice Group, heads the firm-wide Food & Beverages Team and co-heads the Data Protection & Privacy Team.
About Yves Van Couter
Yves focuses on (international) commercial law, intellectual property law, distribution law, including franchising law, and market practices. He advises his clients in these fields and represents them in court litigation. He is also an arbitrator with the World Intellectual Property Organization in Geneva and with CEPANI (Belgian Centre for Arbitration and Mediation) in Belgium. He teaches IP law at two international universities and is listed as leading expert by Chambers & Partners Europe (2017), The Legal 500 EMEA and Best Lawyers guide (2017).
- Brussels Bar, 1991
- International Trade Mark Association (INTA)
- CEPANI (Belgian Centre for Arbitration and Mediation)
- LES Benelux (Licensing Executives Society)
- IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals)
- LL.M. in Intellectual Property Law, Katholieke Universiteit Brussel and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), 2000
- LL.M. in Common Law Studies / Fulbright Scholar, Georgetown University (Washington DC, USA), 1994
- LL.M. in International and European Law, Université catholique de Louvain (Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium), 1991
- Law degree, Universiteit Gent (Belgium), 1990