Stéphanie De Smedt
Stéphanie De Smedt is a member of the Loyens & Loeff Litigation & Risk Management Practice Group in Belgium and a key member of the firm-wide Privacy and Data Protection Team. She is an associate in our Brussels office.
About Stéphanie De Smedt
Stéphanie focuses on intellectual property law (including technology transfers, trademark and copyright licensing and counterfeit matters), ICT law (including e-commerce and software and other Internet-related contracts) and privacy and data protection. She has a particular focus on GDPR compliance, the structuring of (cross-border) data flows and regularly assists clients with data protection compliance audits. Stéphanie also represents clients in court and in alternative dispute resolution proceedings in her areas of expertise.
- Brussels Bar, 2012
- International Trademark Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- LL.M. in European Competition and Intellectual Property law, Université de Liège (Belgium), 2012
- Master’s degree, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), 2011
- Summer school in international business, Haas Business School, University of California (Berkeley, United States), 2010