Laurent Mertens is of counsel to our office in Brussels, Belgium and a member of the Loyens & Loeff Litigation & Risk Management Practice Group in Belgium. He focuses on transactional and litigation matters.
About Laurent Mertens
Laurent specialises in transactional and litigation matters and has particular experience in cross-border corporate transactions and litigation. His clients include private equity houses and listed companies, mainly active in the industrial, real estate, energy and financial sectors in Belgium, France and the rest of Europe. Laurent is a regular speaker at conferences on corporate law and has written numerous articles on partial demergers and aspects of private international law.
- Brussels Bar, 1999
- Executive Master in Real Estate management, Louvain School of Management Group (Facultés Universitaires Saint-Louis), (Belgium), 2016
- LL.M., Columbia University School of Law (USA), 2003
- Master of Laws, Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium), 1999
- Bachelor of Political Sciences, Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium), 1998
- Bachelor of Laws, Université libre de Bruxelles (Belgium), 1996