Christian Chéruy is a partner of our International Tax Services Practice Group in Brussels. He also heads the Belgian Tax Controversy and Litigation Team. He is a former local managing partner and non-executive Chairman of the Loyens & Loeff Benelux Board.
About Christian Chéruy
Christian's practice covers a broad range of (inter)national corporate tax issues, including inward investments, holding and financing structures, corporate restructurings, corporate and structured finance projects, M&A and IP taxation. He advises private clients on wealth optimisation techniques. He assists corporate and individual clients in their dispute resolution process (from audit to litigation). He is consistently ranked as a leading tax lawyer in Belgium by Chambers & Partners (Europe) and The Legal 500 EMEA. Christian is a regular speaker and has written extensively on tax-related subjects.
- Brussels Bar (Nederlandse Orde van Advocaten), 2001
- International Tax Association
- International Bar Association
- Belgian Association of Tax Lawyers
- Law degree, Université libre de Bruxelles, (1985)
- Degree in Tax, La Chambre belge des Comptables, (1989)
- Degree in Business Management and Administration, Université catholique de Louvain, (1990)