Bert Gevers is a local partner in our Brussels office. He heads of the Loyens & Loeff Indirect Tax Practice Group in Belgium, is a core member of the Corporate Investigations Team and co-heads the Food and Beverages Team.
About Bert Gevers
Extensive expertise in advising and representing clients in indirect tax matters, corporate investigations and compliance issues in various sectors including e-commerce, food & beverages and aerospace & defence has earned Bert a listing as a leading expert in The Legal500 directory. He advises clients on international and domestic exchange of goods and services, performs internal scans and audits and represents clients before the European Commission, its advisory committees and the Court of Justice of the European Union. He is the co-founder and scientific coordinator of www.worldtradecontrols.com.
- Brussels Bar, 2000
- Chairman, Global Legal Customs Association
- International VAT Club
- ABA Steering Committee of Export Controls and Economic Sanctions
- ICC Commission on Customs and Trade Facilitation
- Amcham Indirect Tax Taskforce
- Law degree, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium), 1999