What will Brexit bring for international private clients?
The UK Law Societies’ Joint Brussels Office and STEP Benelux will be holding a joint seminar hosted by the offices of Loyens & Loeff.
Whatever Brexit is going to look like, it will bring a series of complex challenges for international private clients, affecting their decisions on how to deal with matters of estate and asset disposal planning, tax, family and succession.
This seminar aims to help to clarify some of the most pressing issues through a conversation with practitioners from different jurisdictions.
Agenda & speakers
13:00 Registration & Light lunch
13:30 Welcome & Introduction by Paolo Panico (Chair, STEP Europe) and Louise Benjamin (Chair, STEP BeNeLux)
13:45 Brexit, a state of affairs by TBC
14:30 Panel 1 – What will Brexit bring for international private clients? - chaired by Richard Frimston (Private Client Consultant, Russell-Cooke, United-Kingdom)
- Anneke Vrenegoor (Estate Planner, Vrenegoor Estate Planning, The Netherlands)
- Alberto Perez Cedillo (Partner, Alberto Perez Cedillo Spanish Lawyers and Solicitors Limited, Spain)
- Catherine Lambert (Notary, Notary Catherine Lambert, France)
16:15 Panel 2 – Cross-border taxation after Brexit - chaired by Gary Ashford (Tax Partner, Harbottle & Lewis, United-Kingdom)
- Saskia Lust (Partner, Loyens & Loeff, Belgium)
- Francisco de Sousa da Câmara (Partner, Morais Leitao, Portugal)
- Andrea Uleri (Senior Manager, Valenti Associati GEB Partners, Italy)
- Illia Neizvestny (Senior Associate, Arendt, Luxembourg)
17:45 Closing speech by Helena Raulus (Head of the Brussels Office of the UK Law Societies)
18:00 Networking reception
Loyens & Loeff
Neerveldstraat 101 - 103
Registration will open on 5 March 2019 on The UK Law Societies’ Joint Brussels Office website.