Throughout Europe, companies are preparing for the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") which will apply as of 25 May 2018. The GDPR will replace the existing national data protection laws of the EU Member States and will introduce new rights for individuals in the EU as well as several new obligations for organizations worldwide. The GDPR will also introduce a new enforcement mechanism.
With the kick-off in September this year, the Loyens & Loeff Data Protection & Privacy Team is proud to announce that it will be hosting "GDPR Masterclasses". These masterclasses will consist of a series of six breakfast sessions that will be held simultaneously in our Rotterdam, Brussels and Luxembourg offices. The workshops have been designed to prepare our clients for the entry into force of the GDPR in a very practical and hands-on manner and will include checklists and case studies.
- 26 September 2017 - Kick-off & Introduction to basic principles of data processing and the “GDPR”
Key Takeaway: Accountability: how to prepare an internal data processing register
- 10 October 2017 - Obligations of the Controller and/or Processor under the GDPR (Part 1)
Key Takeaway: Transparency: how to draft/adapt privacy policies, employee handbooks, etc.
- 28 November 2017 - Obligations of the Controller and/or Processor under the GDPR (Part 2)
Key Takeaway: Privacy Impact Assessments: how and when?
- 6 February 2018 - Data Transfers to third parties / cross-border data transfers
Key Takeaway: How to identify third parties that receive personal data and analyse the relevant contractual arrangements
- 17 April 2018 - Data confidentiality and security
Key Takeaway: Which (organizational/technical) security measures to implement & how to draft a data security / data breach policy
External speaker: get practical tips from an IT-cybersecurity consultant
- 25 May 2018 - Closing Session (takes place in Brussels)
Key Takeaway: Wrap-up and final test
External speaker (to be confirmed)
- Get acquainted with the new/extended obligations introduced by the GDPR
- Identify the compliance gaps and risks for your organization
- Get practical advice and tips on how to implement the GDPR
- Share experiences and discuss challenges with other participants
Materials provided by Loyens & Loeff
- Binder including legal texts, reading materials, slides, assignments
- Exclusive online portal for exchange of documentation and communication
Registration and contact
Registration required – In order to ensure interactive and practice-oriented sessions, we can only allow for a limited number of participants. We therefore encourage you to register at your earliest convenience. You can register by subscribing via the button in your invitation email. (Please note that in case of repeated no-attendance, we reserve the right to charge a no-show fee of €35 per session)
The GDPR Masterclasses in Brussels are fully booked. If you would like to attend the sessions in Rotterdam or Luxembourg, or if you would like to be added to the waiting list, please provide your contact details. We will let you know if any spots open up.